Tuesday, January 22, 2008

CEC, potty training, and interview oopsies...

Well, #3 turned three on Friday, the twins (#4 and #5) turned one on Saturday. As tradition, the family goes to Chuck E. Cheese on the birthday. Friday night was wonderful, except I came home from work with a 103 temp. So... sitting in a booth, shivering, while my family celebrates #3's existence.... good times. I slept from 8:30 PM until 9:23 AM (a record for my insomniatic butt), then off the CEC for round 2. This time it was better... seeing your one year olds really "getting into" the characters and their surroundings. I swear they can't get cuter. This weekend was full of cleaning up messes. I love my three year old, but the dog has to sit outside when she wets on the floor... so out you should go. I just don't get how it makes her so happy to piss on herself. I mean, it can't be that great or we would all do it. And the crapping in your pants... I know she knows it smells.... I just don't get kids... thank God I have 5 of them.

Last note... this morning, I am part of an interview for a new sales guy. This guy just happens to have worked with one of my most trusted friends and former colleagues. I ask said friend for some inside knowledge. She gives me this - supposedly this sales guy has a unique dog and has been literally stopped on the streets to talk about the dog. So, trying to be funny and ease the interview tension, I tell sales guy, "So, anything you would like to tell me about your dog?" With tears in his eyes, he says, "well, she died about a month ago and we are still having some problems with it." - Isn't that just great...... Why do I suck so much?

Great kick in the crotch by life..... you win again, but I will be avenged.

1 comment:

Skelty said...

So have been kicked in the balls lately?