Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Am I too friendly?

In the past 3 months, I have had more shots to the nuts about my behavior and attitude towards working people. Whenever at a restaurant, your local Target, bar, etc... I have been told that I am too nice and that (how did you put it, Tricky?) "way too happy to be waited on". I have tried and tried to figure out why that is. As I sat today, getting a haircut, I was making small talk with my barber/stylist (what do you call them now?). She is as interested in me as I am in listening to my aunt discuss her stomach "issues", but nonetheless, I put it on thicker. I couldn't care less about this chick, but here I am - trying to be funnier, trying to come up with funny quips, giving her my self-loathing routine (usually a killer). Nothing. So I have decided that there is only one thing to do.

Screw 'em.

Screw her for not acting interested in my kids and my pathetic life. Guess you don't want that tip do you, sweet cheeks? And for the rest of you... don't expect crap from me. Bring me my food and beverage. Don't make eye contact and don't expect anything from me in return. I am tired of trying to be liked by EVERYONE. So what if people don't like me. My closest friends like me just fine and the last time I checked, I didn't need some $10/hr bartender to be my friend either. Screw 'em. I guess I have hit the age where I am starting to just not care. It is about friggin' time too. I spent my whole life trying to get people to like me and working harder to make those who I thought didn't like me to like me. So, if you get the feeling that I am less friendlier to you...well, then I guess you got the message. I obviously know you don't care about me one bit, so frick off. You stupid sack.

Man, I feel better.... this bloggin' stuff works.

No comments: