Monday, June 16, 2008

My Father's Day.....

Well, yesterday was Father's Day and I have to say, it was one of those that will forever be engraved in my mind and heart.

Started at 8 AM (yes, I got to sleep until 8 AM!!!)... Jordan has been clamouring about making me breakfast in bed so here it comes... Fruity Pebbles and two muffins.  The Pebbles are always good, but the muffins were shared amongst Jordan and Kendall, leaving me crumbs in my bed to save for later.  Alas, I didn't need them anyway.  2 out of 5 baths completed, only 3 of the seven of us are up (Patty went back to bed as she has not been feeling too hot lately).  I decide that we WILL make the 11AM service.  I have the older two dressed and ready as well as myself.  Well, the other three rugrats decide that they need to wish me a Happy Father's Day.  I try to wake Patty (no use) and then decide that if we can get the other three baths done, we will be in business to make service.  Well, don't know how many of you have tried to bathe two 16 month olds and a three year old in 30 minutes, but there are some other things that can be done before this feat.  Like drinking a whole gallon of milk at once, whistling while eating 20 crackers, and folding paper more than 7 times.   It was no use....  I tried and failed.

So, we cleaned up muffin messes until lunch.  Jordan, who has had this day planned for me for weeks, informs me that she wants homemade nachos or Taco Bueno, because that is what Daddy would want, she thinks.  We settle for homemade nachos and gifts!  I got a really cool "hand"made card with everyone's artistic impression on it, followed by... my coupon for one new iPhone 3g! (they don't come out for another month).  I also got my staple, a shirt with handprints on it. It has become one of my favorite things in life, seeing how much they each have grown.  I have one from two years ago with one spot for the baby #4 before we knew it was babies #4 and #5.  Very nice touch by Mrs. Brown.

Jordan then planned all the fun things "I" would want to do.  This included the following:  swimming at the pool, coloring, bike riding, making cookies (which we didn't get to do), getting an ice cream (we settled for 99 cent shakes at Sonic), calling Grumpy and Grandpa to wish them"Happy Father's Day",going to Chuck E. Cheese to claim our tickets, dinner, reading stories, and watching the girls "perform".  Needless to say, I did a lot of stuff, some things I didn't even know I liked to do.  My wife told me later that night that she thought Jordan was more excited about this day than I was.  Maybe I was in shock- after all, she is the only one of my children to tell me that they don't like me anymore.  I am glad she came around.

I also got some other "unexpected" presents.... Rylee decided to give me the gift of poop as she got it all over the bed during nap, Mackie decided that the best time to go find me at the pool was after she went to the bathroom and with her swimsuit at her ankles, Reagan gave me a tiny nail massage on my sunburned shoulders, and Kendall gave me a great kick in the crotch at the pool, while swimming away from me.  I am glad it is Jordan that is the only one that doesn't like me.

2 comments:

Kim and JD said...

Alright Boy Courage its time for a new post ! :)

Stephanie said...

Jim! I can't wait to go read your blog. I can't believe you have 5 babies and all girls! You are amazing. I bet you're an awesome dad too!