Friday, September 5, 2008

Has it really been that long since I last blogged?


Man, does time fly when you are busy... What in the world has been going on? Well, since my last post, I have: gone to the beach, moved our office, sent #2 to Kindergarten, dressed up like a bird at church, agreed to be "BibleMan" at church, worked my tail off, got a month closer to my tenth year anniversary, and managed to go a year without having another kid.


I haven't had the itch to write anything so I haven't carved out the time. For some reason, it is 2:40 AM in the morning and I can't sleep. Life with the princesses has been fun. This summer, Patty has made it a mission to have a "fun day" every week. She took the girls to Six Flags, Splash Zone, Wiggly Play Center, Amazing Jake's, the movies, swimming, etc... The girls just dug it and it gave her a chance to get out and enjoy herself. We have also been going to the Plazas of the Americas and ice-skating on Wednesdays and Fridays. $10 family night and the girls are one step closer to being what they want to be when they grow up - Ice Skating Princess that help people!


Couple of observations on my end...


1 - School supply shopping is a beating. We are big fans of the bundle packs you can buy, but of course, Patty wants pictures of the girls on their first supply shopping experience. Since Jordan started Kindergarten this year, it meant numerous trips to get stuff. After getting 85% of the stuff for Kendall and Jordan, I had to take out another loan on my house.


2 - I am often stopped by random strangers and asked a myriad of silly questions. I would like to share a few with you... "those all yours?", "man, you are outnumbered, huh?", "you gonna try for a boy?", "are they twins?", "Bet you don't even know what your bathroom looks like?", "Why?" (Ok, so I made that one up, but I see that look on their faces). I honestly love the attention (those that know me, can attest). I welcome any and all people to talk to me about my 5 greatest accomplishments any time you want. Well, maybe not when it is complete mass chaos, which is when the majority come over and ask.


3- We are now signed up for two gymanstic classes, one cheerleading team, two soccer teams, and three preschool type programs. I am wondering what it will be like when all 5 of them are into something. I think to myself, this will never work, yet God has always had some sort of schedule planned for us that allows us to go to games and practices. It is a bit amazing when you think about it.


4- The twins are 19 months as of this post. I swear to you that there are not any cuter babies in the world. I can't tell you in words how fun and awesome it is to see them interact with one another. They are constantly hugging, kissing, and loving on one another and I just can't eat it up quick enough. I have hopefully enclosed a pic as evidence of their cuteness.
I will try to keep up with this as much as possible. Thank you to those that read. I like to talk so I am glad someone is on the other end. I have reached a point where I think I could actually fall asleep, so.... good night!

3 comments:

Kim and JD said...

Yeah, thanks for the new post. I kept thinking it was Groundhog Day or actually Fathers Day everytime I opened your blog. Just teasing.... I know you are busy and you have enough people demanding your attention. The girls are beautiful, you are a very lucky guy?? Did I say that, well lucky until they are all teenagers haha :)

Stephanie said...

Hey Jim,
You seem to be having so much fun with the princesses. I get comments too about my 3. I guess because they are so close in age (18 months between the first 2 and then 21 months). I have to confess..they are so much fun...I know I want at least one more. I thought 3 would be enough but before my 3rd was born, I knew I wanted a 4th. Now I wonder if 4 will be the magic number. My husband might not let me read your blog anymore if it convinces me that I could do 5! Seriously, I admire you and your relationship with all of your women! Take care!

verduin said...

Hey man I told you twins was one of the greatest gifts from God. Glad you are enjoying them