Friday, April 18, 2008

Forget it Friday

Well.... here we go...

1) Forget doing this list EVERY Friday. I missed a week and now I am behind. Just another thing to start whipping me into complete dispair.

2) Forget underhanded sub-contracting recruiters that pull their good people at the last minute and try to replace them with crap. If I wanted crap I would subcontract through my twins - they give me crap all the time. And sometimes more than what I ask for.

3) Forget cleaning... I mean seriously... I had the fortune of staying home yesterday and just picked up my house. I mowed, I baked a freaking cake, I not only washed clothes, but I folded them and put them up (ok 95% of them). I wake up this morning and see that a tornado has hit my home... just crap everywhere.... are you freaking kidding me?

4) Forget depression.... I think I have been battling a bad case of it for the last two weeks. It just wears me down. I am too tired to do anything but breathe and my sweet girls just want to play with their dad. Some of you would probably say, you should just do that Ten Things Tuesday to put your mind in perspective.... to that I say.... um, no.

5)Forget finishing this 5. I lost steam thanks to that phone call, Michelle. Now I am not only behind a week, but also a number. Man... what a beat down.

Seriously.... I would like to also take this time to ask anyone that reads this to say a quick prayer for a good friend and co-worker of mine, Denise. Two weeks ago, Denise found out she has a tumor in her breast that covers over 3/4 of the breast. She immediately went into chemo and has having all kinds of work done to get rid of it. She has been so incredibly strong and in good spirits. While I haven't had the closest of relationships, this situation has made us stronger friends and I really don't want this thing to get her. The world is not ready to be without her. SO... could you guys, gals, kids, and alpacas please pray for her. She is a good and decent person and she is being so super strong right now. Thanks!

Also... having felt like my privates were the soccer ball in a World Cup tourney, I took the advice of a friend and read the book of Job again. I charge any of you to read it... especially when you are down. It really puts perspectives on things. Have a great weekend.

No comments: